Monday 7 October 2013

Tudor Brewery Black Rock Dark Ale

Tudor Brewery Black Rock Dark AleThe Tudor brewery are based in Llanhilleth near Abertillery, which is not far from the Brecon Beacons South Wales. Although being aware of them I've not seen their bottles my way, and I actually cannot recall where I picked this one up!

Black Rock Dark Ale, 5.6% abv, 500mls.

Very smooth,  with good body it has a light brown head that settles to a thin covering. Aroma of milk chocolate and cereal, with those also in the tasting, a little bitterness at the end but lightly done. 

I see on their website they also do a Black Mountain Stout, and Skirrid, another dark ale, leading me to wonder what differences you would spot doing a side by side tasting.

1 comment:

  1. That looks and sounds like a beer I would like, thanks for the link to the brewery, I'm always looking for dark beers I've not tried before.

    David

    Northampton

    ReplyDelete